Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Identity lesson for 1st week or so- early elementary

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2007 - 07:59:58 PDT

Greetings Tanya,

There are many "Identity" lessons on Incredible Art Department. I
won't list all of the links here.... A good place to start will be the
self portrait page:
Scroll down to see the Silhouette "What's inside my head" (sounds
similar to the Arts and Activities lesson idea). I like the
Personality Hand too.

Also check out the names ideas:
Pattern Fish could be pattern animal (any animal that represents the student).

For more ideas - enter Identity in Google search of the site.... many
lessons will come up.

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources

On 8/28/07, Tanya Stanger wrote:
> If you have any identity lesson plans as a way to get to know your students and have them share who they are-please send your ideas my way. I am looking for an identity based unit (bunch of lessons) that works with early elementary- K-3. I am struggling with what to do in the 1st week or 2- I want to address identity but am jumping between a few different ideas. This will be my 1st year teaching and would love any help. Thank much! Tanya - Brooklyn, NY.

To unsubscribe go to