Re: [teacherartexchange] art projects for 2nd graders

---------

From: Deanna Bowers (dbowers_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2007 - 14:01:14 PDT

My son did this project in Kindergarten, but I thought it was great!
They took a masterpiece, in this case, Picasso's "Hand with Flowers,"
and the kids did a collage of it, using construction paper. The pieces
were ripped into the different shapes for the petals, stems, and the
hand was made up of several pieces. You could do this with any
reproduction. It is simple, and it has ties to fine art. Dover also does
a book of "coloring book" style reproductions of fine art, called "Art
Masterpieces to Color: 60 Great Paintings from Botticelli to Picasso,"
in which many pieces are already simplified. I like to use them for a
fun shrinky dink project. Hope that helps:) Deanna