RE: [teacherartexchange] artist who cut out maps

---------

From: Ken Schwab (bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2007 - 09:02:37 PDT

I did an assignment using a map as a beginning for lines/shapes in a
composition. It was a bas relief with acrylic and antiqued with oil
paint. I did it in 1977 till 1980. I shifted to other subjects and
kept working with low reliefs with wallboard paste, toilet paper and
other materials. Tell me if you want more info but I probably am not
the one you are thinking about.

Ken Schwab

--- "Sears, Ellen" <ELLEN.SEARS@Anchorage.kyschools.us> wrote:

> I don't remember the e-mail - but does anything here look familiar?
> http://artscenecal.com/Announcements/0607/SMArtStudios0607.html
>

> Hi,
> Recently someone mentioned an artist who uses maps in her art. I
> rmember she cut out all of the roadways of the united states and
> had it
> sandwiched between glass. There was also a pic of a subway system
> which she cut out and it was tangled in her hand. Someone was
> talking
> about collages and using maps.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jan in Tampa