[teacherartexchange] Dropping In on Puffer - Ning Social Network

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 26 2007 - 17:04:12 PDT

Dear Elementary Art Educators (Middle school too),

I know many of you use the "Dropping In" videos (and books) in your classroom.

Pam Stephens (author) and Jim McNeill (animator) have set up a Ning
social network.
You might want to check it out.... Students can "talk" to Pam, Jim -
and Puffer -- and can share artwork

Jim and Pam have put together a social network for Puffer, the recurring
character in the Dropping in on series. http://diopuffer.ning.com/

There isn't much on the site yet, but Jim and Pam envision that teachers
and/or kids will "talk" with Puffer, post their own artwork, Puffer will
blog, and so on. As with all the ning sites, content can be read without
logging in, but posting will require membership.

Messages will be approved before they are posted to the site.

For those of you who are not familiar with Ning Networks, check out
Art Education 2.0
http://arted20.ning.com/

Regards,

Judy Decker