Re: [teacherartexchange] Writing for a grant

---------

From: jjennifer west (jenniferjoycewest_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 26 2007 - 10:01:57 PDT

First I would check with your school and see if there
is a grant writer or person who has that
responsibility in your school or district. Then, if
it comes down to you, I would take a look at each
grant available and follow thier format. They usually
have a process on exactly how to go about it. But, if
you have an idea already about what you want (for
example a ceramic artist) you might check around your
district and/or area schools/community centers and
begin to look at what other ceramic visiting artists
have done. If you find one that you really like, then
you can contact them directly and often they will help
walk you through the grant process in order to secure
them. Hope this helps on some level. I have only
done this once myself and it was a huge project! Have
fun! Jen