Re: [teacherartexchange] I am teaching visual art/art history to 11th and 12 th grade

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 25 2007 - 15:46:41 PDT

It's wonderful that you get this opportunity, but what about the
students. According to NCLB,
every teacher is to be highly qualified in the subjects they teach.
When I was assigned to
teach two periods of reading, several years ago, I wrote to our
states commissioner of
education. The s**t hit the fan but I was returned to a full schedule
of teaching art. It
took two years to get it done but I was successful. I also did a
great job teaching reading -
which I was neither certified nor qualified to do. But, the important
thing was that I got to
teach a full day of the subjects I was highly qualified for. Think
about your students -
should they not have the best.
                                                        Woody

On Aug 25, 2007, at 8:05 PM, gabyleigh@netzero.net wrote:

> In answer to your question about the discipline it is visual art
> and art history. I have not taught this
> before and am not credentialed in the subject. I love art though
> and really want the students to have
> the opportunity to learn alot and make some interesting projects
> thy can be proud of.

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net

Read My Blog: