Re: [teacherartexchange] teaching HS Art

---------

From: Ken Schwab (bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 25 2007 - 13:27:13 PDT

 I am looking for some interesting lesson ideas to
 compile into the still-life segment of my curriculum.
 So if anyone cares to share any great lessons I would
 appreciate it! In particular, does anyone have an
 interesting approach to introducing the drawing of
 fabric in a still life?

I do a still life graphite drawing, in Art 1 in which I use burlap
and incorporate the lines in the burlap to help show folds and such
in fabric. I have some examples if you are interested. I also do
shells, bones etc. to show the five principles of shading and
blending with paper or tortillons. A cubist still life with mixed media.

Ken Schwab
San Jose, CA