Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] art history projects

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 25 2007 - 12:46:41 PDT

I remember teachers at my Middle School having students mummify
chicken legs.
I think they covered them in salt as part of the process. This would
make the lesson
more scientific - then students could work on creating the
Sarcophagus and decorating
and painting it. Below is a site that tells you how to do a whole
Do a google search and make the whole process more authentic.

On Aug 25, 2007, at 9:40 AM, KPRS2 wrote:

> I love the idea of the mummified barbies. I think I would add the
> idea of
> first wrapping the barbies in plastic (like seran wrap), then plaster
> guazing over them, then cutting the sarcophagus to "open them up",
> then
> taking out the Barbies, removing the plastic, and wrapping the
> Barbie is
> fabric strips to place the Barbie back into the opened sarcophagus.
> I seem
> to remember that they were painted on the inside as well. So I
> would have
> the kids do the inside and outside with paint.
> San D

Woody Duncan

See my newest watercolors:

To unsubscribe go to