Re: [teacherartexchange] paper cutter

---------

From: Dulcius (dulcius_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2007 - 10:32:57 PDT

> Oh...I'm soooooo happy to hear someone ELSE cut their finger on those
> paper
> cutters. I sliced off a sliver of my pointy finger. So weird because I saw
> the result a split second before I felt it. It was the second time I left
> my
> classroom for the emergency room.

I had a similar experience to that when I picked up an x-acto knife off a
table while talking to a student, somehow thought the clear plastic lid was
already on it, and went to "pop" the lid on tight with the palm of my other
hand; the lid wasn't on, I popped the point right into my palm, and had a
split second of realizing what I'd just done before I really felt it. NOT a
good sensation!! Thereafter I have always been very careful to see that the
lid is on, then GENTLY press the lid tight against a table top!
-Lydia in Toledo