[teacherartexchange] Sculpture of Louise Nevelson - online presentation - Jewish Museum

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2007 - 09:43:06 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Many of you do a sculpture unit featuring the work of Louise Nevelson.
You may find this online presentation from the Jewish Museum of
interest.
The Sculpture of Louise Nevelson: Constructing a Legend (May 5 -
September 16, 2007 at the museum):
http://www.thejewishmuseum.org/site/pages/content/exhibitions/special/nevelson/nevelson_onlinefeature.html
or:
http://Nevelson.notlong.com

Presentation has biography, images of several works - plus many public
works (with hyper links to where image can be found on line).
About the exhibit:
http://www.thejewishmuseum.org/site/pages/onlinex.php?id=150&live_stat=nevelson

You might also find the presentation of Frida Kahlo's My Grandparents,
My Parents, and I of interest:
http://www.thejewishmuseum.org/kahlo/
"Painted in 1936, this work relates to Kahlo's hybrid identity as the
offspring of a multicultural and interracial marriage, and alludes to
her German-Jewish roots."

More from Jewish Museum:
http://www.thejewishmuseum.org/index.php
Curricular Materials:
http://www.thejewishmuseum.org/site/pages/page.php?id=130&live_stats=CurricularMaterials
Understanding the Holocaust through Art and Artifacts
Cultural Exchange: Jewish and Muslim Connections
Examining Identity in Contemporary Art and Photography

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/