Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Sculpture of Louise Nevelson - online presentation - Jewish Museum

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2007 - 09:43:06 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Many of you do a sculpture unit featuring the work of Louise Nevelson.
You may find this online presentation from the Jewish Museum of
The Sculpture of Louise Nevelson: Constructing a Legend (May 5 -
September 16, 2007 at the museum):

Presentation has biography, images of several works - plus many public
works (with hyper links to where image can be found on line).
About the exhibit:

You might also find the presentation of Frida Kahlo's My Grandparents,
My Parents, and I of interest:
"Painted in 1936, this work relates to Kahlo's hybrid identity as the
offspring of a multicultural and interracial marriage, and alludes to
her German-Jewish roots."

More from Jewish Museum:
Curricular Materials:
Understanding the Holocaust through Art and Artifacts
Cultural Exchange: Jewish and Muslim Connections
Examining Identity in Contemporary Art and Photography

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources

To unsubscribe go to