[teacherartexchange] I found the book I was looking for!

---------

From: Vanessa Compton (vcompton_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2007 - 12:09:53 PDT

Harry Wong's "The first days of school: How to be an effective teacher"

I found it in the archives of another education listserve. The person who
recommended it reads it before school every year, especially for its
approach to classroom management. There's a series of eight videos also by
Wong, called The Effective Teacher (pt. 1. The effective teacher (32 min.)
-- pt. 2. The first days of school (36 min.) -- pt. 3. Discipline and
procedures (36 min.) -- pt. 4. Procedures and routines (55 min.) -- pt. 5.
Cooperative learning and culture (47 min.) -- pt. 6. Lesson mastery (33
min.) -- pt. 7. The professional educator (41 min.) -- pt. 8. Positive
expectations (20 min.) -- pt. 9. Facilitator's handbook.)

Not that anyone here needs it, but I am hoping it will be helpful for my
class of student teachers!

Vanessa