[teacherartexchange] Jae's Watercolors

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2007 - 09:33:32 PDT

        A fellow art teacher out there in cyberspace asked me for watercolor
advice for a promising student. This student has been
with her since the eight grade and will now be working on a portfolio
for college admission. After seeing samples of this young
ladies work I sent her links to watercolors by J K Drummond. I
thought Jae's work would inspire her, as it should. Everyone
interested in watercolor should check out Jae's website. Her work is
some of the best. Her background as well as samples
of her work is detailed on her web pages.
         But, better yet I just discovered that Jae has a blog with
samples of her watercolors at various stages of development.
Her blog is called "Value Added Paper". So I forwarded Jae's blog to
Sharon - the art teacher I mentioned. This sort of blog
is an invaluable resource to any student of watercolor. Jae is a
master of the medium and it really helps to see the earlier
stages of her process.

        I have more information and links about about Jae on the August 23rd
entry to my blog at:
http://www.taospaint.com/WoodysBlog/August07.html#NewestEntry
If you have any interest in watercolor you should check this out.
Thank you Sharon for asking.
                                                                Woody

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net