[teacherartexchange] gouache and other things...

---------

From: Randy Menninghaus (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2007 - 06:03:10 PDT

Replying to what to do with;;
1about thirty 12x12 inch cork boards attached to thick foam core
I am guessing these would be used as the back of the larger ceramic tiles
to turn them into trivets for putting hot things on.
2 about thirty 12x12 inch ceramic tiles in various colors these go in some
way with the cork board.. Can you look in the old catalog to see where they
are sold? I imagine you could embellish them in some way. May be they were
for an art club?

3.a box of 4x4 white ceramic tiles - I have seen special paint you can
paint directly on them. or you an hold off a year and get the glazes. Again
look for them in your sax catalog....at worst you can seek out other art
teachers in your area for a possible swap of them for = amount of a
material you do need.

4.a large assortment of wooden cutouts, like would be painted for
 ornaments. Teddy bears, horses, hearts, etc. They sound like art club
material to me. Perhaps use them as a template to trace and repeat and
spring board from it for a more creative experience. Color blending...
Movement? Shading?

Randy in central Maine where school starts on SEPT 4 this year. :>)