Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: [teacherartexchange] Digital idea for elementary-MS - iExpress

From: Melissa (lucylomax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 22 2007 - 19:28:47 PDT

Thanks Judy! I'm all over that one!

-----Original Message-----
From: Judy Decker []
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 11:28 AM
To: TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group
Subject: [teacherartexchange] Digital idea for elementary-MS - iExpress

Dear Art Educators,

A while back, I posted an idea to parody the iPod/iTunes ad..... Well,
Tricia Fuglestad has done it (although I am certain she came up with the
idea on her own - she was not a list member when I posted the idea
-- My post was Jan. 14, 06).

Check out iExpress - digital art done by 2nd grade students.

I asked Tricia how she did it - I knew there was a relatively easy way to do
it in Photoshop.

From Tricia:

The kids posed in front of a "blue screen" so that the background was easy
to erase. Then in Photoshop elements you can select the image and fill it
with black to make a silhouette. Then you choose a layer for color and a
layer for text. I made a template and the steps were pretty easy for the
kids to do.

Be sure to browse all of Tricia's videos.

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources