Re: [teacherartexchange] gouache and other things inherited with my room - need ideas

---------

From: Ken Schwab (bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 22 2007 - 08:08:45 PDT

I also have another paint related question: Once acrylic separates,
is it still good?

Yes, it is just the polymer vehicle that sperperates and with some
stiring and shaking it should go back to being a solid paint. This
is true with cheaper acrylics that are in bulk as in pints or quarts.

Ken Schwab

--- Heather_Hayes@roundrockisd.org wrote:

> Thanks for the clarification on gouache. I inherited a lot of it
> (unfortunately, it's student grade) with my art room at my new
> school. It
> looks like they were just subbing it for tempera.
>
> I also have another paint related question: Once acrylic
> separates, is it
> still good?
>
> I found several oddities in my closet, and I'm looking for ideas
> for these
> supplies. I teach choice-based art - so I suppose I could just put
> it out
> and see what happens, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing
> out on
> something special. Here's the list: (cross posted to the TAB
> list,
> forgive me if you get it twice)
>
> * about thirty 12x12 inch corkboards attached to thick foamcore
>
> *about thirty 12x12 inch ceramic tiles in various colors - All I
> can think
> of is to break them up for mosaics, but I just wanted to see if you
> guys
> had ideas.
>
> * a box of 4x4 white ceramic tiles - I've read about having the
> kids glaze
> these and refiring, but we don't have any glazes, and unless I do a
>
> fundraiser, the budget won't have enough for glaze. Other ideas?
>
> *a large assortment of wooden cutouts, like would be painted for
> ornaments. Teddy bears, horses, hearts, etc.
>
> * a zillion tubs - like large margarine size or bigger
>

> Thanks guys!
>
> Heather in TX
>

> ---
> To unsubscribe go to