Re: [teacherartexchange] Bulletin Boards

---------

From: Dulcius (dulcius_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2007 - 14:38:08 PDT

One year I did a bulletin board with the words, "What does an artist look
like?" along with a little clip-art picture of a stereotypical "artist"
(pointy beard, smock-shirt, traditional pallet, and of course beret). Then,
all around, I put pictures I'd collected of artists with their work; some
were the famous ones, but very many were traditional and/or folk artists
from a variety of cultures. For the famous artists, I tried to have a lot
that were female, non-caucasian, etc. The idea being, there is no "one" way
an artist looks, and the word "artist" can mean many different things.
-Lydia in Toledo, about to change schools!