[teacherartexchange] Digital idea for elementary-MS - iExpress

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2007 - 08:27:57 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

A while back, I posted an idea to parody the iPod/iTunes ad..... Well,
Tricia Fuglestad has done it (although I am certain she came up with
the idea on her own - she was not a list member when I posted the idea
-- My post was Jan. 14, 06).

Check out iExpress - digital art done by 2nd grade students.
http://iExpress.notlong.com
or
http://www.ahsd25.k12.il.us/~TriciaFuglestad/VisualArt/page14/page15/page7/page7.html

I asked Tricia how she did it - I knew there was a relatively easy way
to do it in Photoshop.

From Tricia:

The kids posed in front of a "blue screen" so that the background was
easy to erase. Then in Photoshop elements you can select the image and
fill it with black to make a silhouette. Then you choose a layer for
color and a layer for text. I made a template and the steps were
pretty easy for the kids to do.

Be sure to browse all of Tricia's videos.

Enjoy....

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/