Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Digital idea for elementary-MS - iExpress

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2007 - 08:27:57 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

A while back, I posted an idea to parody the iPod/iTunes ad..... Well,
Tricia Fuglestad has done it (although I am certain she came up with
the idea on her own - she was not a list member when I posted the idea
-- My post was Jan. 14, 06).

Check out iExpress - digital art done by 2nd grade students.

I asked Tricia how she did it - I knew there was a relatively easy way
to do it in Photoshop.

From Tricia:

The kids posed in front of a "blue screen" so that the background was
easy to erase. Then in Photoshop elements you can select the image and
fill it with black to make a silhouette. Then you choose a layer for
color and a layer for text. I made a template and the steps were
pretty easy for the kids to do.

Be sure to browse all of Tricia's videos.

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources

To unsubscribe go to