Re: [teacherartexchange] Canon digital camera PROBLEM???

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2007 - 17:44:00 PDT

Carolyn, I was just wondering if Canon ended up repairing your camera "free
of charge". Right after I gave glowing reports on my Canon Powershot A620 it
died on me. Wouldn't power up for anything. Since it was less than a year
old, Canon had me send it in to be repaired "free of charge". Seems that if
there is any sign of wear - any chance that it got "bumped" or had any signs
of impact what-so-ever, that that voids the warrenty, even if it works for 6
months after the "bump". They charged me $91 to repair the camera, and then
when I tried to pay online & their site wouldn't work I was told to "upgrade
my browser", even though the lady on the phone told me they had had server
problems all week. I am SO frustrated by Canon passing the blame - if the
camera hadn't been so new and it wasn't so expensive to replace it I never
would have paid them a dime to fix the camera. Has anyone else had troubles
with them? I told them I wouldn't purchase any Canon products for our
district ever again.
~Michal