RE: [teacherartexchange] charley harper by todd oldham

---------

From: Amy Broady (abroady_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2007 - 16:41:32 PDT

Ellen, I love Charley Harper's style and wit. I have Beguiled by the Wild,
but not this new release.

I have long thought that it would be great fun to compare and contrast
(mostly contrast!) Charley Harper and Audubon with my art students. I'd also
like to throw Walter Anderson into the mix as fitting between the two
extremes.

Does your school have a subscription to United Streaming? There is a good
clip on Audubon...an actor in period clothing playing the role of Audubon
and talking about his work and how he practices and practices. It is not in
an art category, but music, oddly enough, as it is supposed to reinforce how
orchestra members practice and practice. It's been a while since I viewed
it...I'll have to go back and watch it again.

I look forward to hearing what you do with your students in response to
Harper....
Amy in TN