Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Becky's Multicultural Curriculum - sixth grade

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 18 2007 - 11:10:03 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Folks often ask about multicultural lesson ideas for middle school.
I asked Becky what she does with her sixth graders. She sent me her
calendar. It is just a list, but will give you an idea what she covers
in nine weeks.

Note from Becky:

The koinoburi (carp fish kites) are photographed and detailed here:

The Sistine Chapel ceiling is a modified version of the History
Mystery portrait. Each kid gets a square of picture to copy, and they
paint what they see onto a square of paper the size of the ceiling
tiles in the classroom. When the papers are dry, I iron them and fit
them into the ceiling, over the tiles. Probably not the fire
inspector's favorite lesson plan, but I only leave it up for a week.
Does anyone else have multicultural ideas they wish to share?

Judy Decker

To unsubscribe go to