[teacherartexchange] make and take

---------

From: Randy Menninghaus (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 18 2007 - 03:45:44 PDT

Three ideas
1. Paper beads. My niece taught me how to do these. You select colored
pages from magazines ( the clay surfaced ones) cut long narrow triangle the
length of the page. Have wood shiskab ( she did them on pencils but the
hole I felt was too big. tightly roll starting from the wide end and put
some glue on the narrow point. If you roll evenly you have these really
amazing beads. After they dried she used clear nail polish on them to make
them more perm. but it is optional.

2. Make simple origami boxes. there is one you can make that the top is
made with an interesting magazine image and the bottom from plain paper.

3. using wallpaper paste ( made up first) coloring and simple disposable
floor adhesive spreaders... make paste paper. you can go ogle full
directions from one of the home and garden on line site.

good luck