Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] "make it take it" question

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2007 - 06:52:52 PDT

On Aug 17, 2007, at 7:26 AM, Betty B wrote:
> what can I do
> without wrecking my classroom, with a limited quantity
> of supplies, not super messy, with kids who are
> probably not my own students, that doesn't feel like
> "class"..... but that still has some meaning??? ...And
> that they can start and finish in 1.5 hours??
> Betty C Bowen

Hi Betty,
        I had a similar situation in my MS. When most students were testing,
I was assigned a group of sixth graders who were not testing. We made
Kaleidocycles. My plans are on my website at:
        If you do this please make one yourself first. The scoring and
folding steps are tricky. And, you need an example to show the kids
where they are headed. Colored pencils, scissors and glue are your major
  resources plus finding a paper stock that works.
        I had the kids for at least 2-3 days so the slower more patience ones
could finish the next day and the speedy ones wanted to make a second
Once I found the paper that worked - I chopped it to 11 x 17 size and
ran off
lots of copies to have available.
                                        Good Luck, Woody

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque