Re: [teacherartexchange] fruit and jewelry

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2007 - 08:29:23 PDT

> For the person who asked for artists who deal with
> the same subject over and
> over, how about Wayne Thiebaud, who does series of
> things like slices of pie
> and cake in a series?

It was fun this summer while traveling to see
different Morandi paintings in different museums - all
little rows of bottles of course.

I once had an autistic student who did an entire
sketchbook of watermelon slices, some yellow and some
red, and once in awhile one had a bite taken out. then
he did an entire sketchbook of electric
lines/transformers, then he did most of a sketchbook
(end of semester) of Texaco oil storage tanks (we have
huge tank farms here). I don't know much about Morandi
as a person, but I have often wondered if he had any
other autistic tendencies.

Betty C Bowen
printmaker, painter
art educator