RE:[teacherartexchange] First Projects Ideas

---------

From: Suzette Milam-Morrow (suzmilam_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2007 - 21:02:10 PDT

A New year needs fresh ideas and motivation!
Middle School and High School people, what are you thinking about doing to
kick off the year with your new students?

I like name projects early on to help everyone get to know names with faces.
In the past I have had the students:

Use symbols of things that represent them in the shape of the letters in
their first name ex: three paint brushes to make an A, etc.

Use illuminated letters to make their name.

Hieroglyphics symbols to make name.

Different textures for each letter of their name.

Anyone else want to share what you start out the year doing?