Re: [teacherartexchange] fruity artist help!

---------

From: Sue Stevens (suestevens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2007 - 06:57:36 PDT

Giuseppe Arcimboldo (also spelled Arcimboldi; 1527 - July 11, 1593) was an
Italian painter best known for creating imaginative portrait heads made
entirely of such objects as fruits, vegetables, flowers, fish, and books --
that is, he painted representations of these objects on the canvas arranged
in such a way that the whole collection of objects formed a recognizable
likeness of the portrait subject