Re: [teacherartexchange] on Paper Batiking

---------

From: lia johnson (johnsolia_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2007 - 10:36:46 PDT

Hello all...I Have been catching up on reading my emails. I finished
before responding to this as I figured someone else would mention it.
Sadly, rubber cement is very toxic and I would recommend not using it
with school age children. There are some alternatives for it....when
using it as an adhesive though I have never found them as great to
use. Most dye sources sell a liquid block that works simularly...but
I am not sure if these are toxic as well. To protect yourself and
your students I would avoid using rubber cement. Here are some links
for further info. lia

http://pennhealth.com/ency/article/002820.htm
http://www.oregontoxics.org/artscrafts.html
http://www.lawrencerecycles.org/pdf/facts-keepingkidssafe.pdf