Re:[teacherartexchange] Summer is Ending - YUP!

---------

From: leah rachlis (leah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 12 2007 - 18:19:58 PDT

It sure is! I start Teaching tomorrow morning, I have no computers, no
software, and no curriculum... so this is where I PUNT! I have asked for
and may receive Adobe Creative Suite, I hope it works out. Evidently this
school is supposed to be a magnet school for arts and technology, but nobody
every really did anything with it. I just heard yesterday that the
principal who opened the school 3 years ago, had a death in the family and
took a leave which he did not return from. There has been no real leadership
until this new principal took over this year. Fortunately, no one used the
budget either. We shall see.

I am looking for some good reference or curriculum. I know there are some
really good projects on Adobe's website and I think I read that CS3 comes
with a training DVD. But I figure some one out there has some good pointers
for me!

and, a follow up thought: Last month during the Met-on-line course, we did
alot with technology, I still had not had even the first job offer, or this
one... but I did mess around abit with Photoshop for my self portrait, I had
a lot of people contact me on line for "how-to's" and I remember thinking,
boy I wish I could use this in a classroom!!!! Isn't that wild!

Leah