[teacherartexchange] Art Club

---------

From: Suzette Milam-Morrow (suzmilam_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 12 2007 - 10:44:20 PDT

Art Club advice:
1. Two Adults are better than one, especially, if you are doing weekend
fundraisers.
2. Always give everyone that comes to meetings a fun task or treat to keep
them coming back. If a kid feels like an outsider the club dies out.
3.Brainstorm, known as "mindmapping" now for everything from "What the goals
of the club" to "How will we make money?" Get the collective group involved.

4. Keep it fun! Don't forget it is supposed to be FUN!!! Decorate Jenga
blocks, then play the game! Art club is a fun, happening place to be that
motivates.
5. Network. Everyone knows someone, that knows someone, etc. that has a
place to show, or has art supplies. Make that part of your art club
meetings. Teach the kids what that means, and then ask the "buzz" for art
ideas, show places and possible art supply sources.

My feeling is this is going to be the biggest year for a "going green"
attitude. I see slogans on clothing in the hip stores, the increased
attention to global warming by younger folks and more celebrities the kids
relate to endorsing it. I am going to really take advantage while the
interest is there to find ways to perpetuate the need to recycle. I plan to
use this as an idea starter of my art kids to build on.

I better get back to getting ready for tomorrow. Ready,Set,Go!

Suzette Morrow
www.Suzet.com