Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: August 10, 2007

---------

From: Margaret Angstadt (mangstadt_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 11 2007 - 04:39:05 PDT

I teach 7 - 12 and the tables we purchased for our art rooms are lab
tables...oak legs with black tops. Sturdy, and ecomonic in space but
easily sit two students each with 18 x 24 paper and materials. We also
put all our orders out to bid -- you get more bang for your buck this
way. Many materials are discounted more than 60%!

I would also recommend a flat file -- wooden lasts longer than
pressboard/laminates. You can stack them, buying one or more sections
each year or two (or every ten years, as the case/budget may be!)

We recently purchased two metal storage cabinets on heavy casters.
They are tall, and double-doored....and have a lock. So we can use
them for storage, but also turn them around to face the wall (the
openning away from idle hands...) and use (with magnets) for
displaying art work.

On my way out the door now, but will try to write more later.

Thanks to all who wrote on clay sculpture!

peggy
(Vermont)