Re: [teacherartexchange] Setting up a classroom

---------

From: Jeff Pridie (jeffpridie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2007 - 17:20:31 PDT

For many years I had desk in my room with flip up tops
like drawing tables. These did not last due to wear
and tear.

I went to large rectangluar tables. The legs are
adjustable so I can make them higher or lower
depending on the types of chair I purchase. The tops
are a very hard laminate that is almost impossible to
carve in.

I use to have stools but came to realize for students
that cannot sit still they do not work well (they fall
off them). So I bought chairs with a hard plastic
seat and a back rest that hits the middle of their
back. The legs are reinforced all the way around and
in the middle and I made sure the feet do not come
off/break off.

I have a tile floor so the tables and chairs work
well. They are five years old this fall and still
look in excellent condition.

I hope that helps.

Jeff (Minnesota)