Re:[teacherartexchange] Greek Mythology

---------

From: June Covington (jcovington2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2007 - 10:00:59 PDT

I love using Myth (from all over the world) in the art room. You can hardly look at art history if you don't know the stories.

This summer, I read a set of books by Dan Simmon: Olympos and Illium... absolutely great. Post-apocalyptic, battle of troy, shakespeare and proust. Probably okay for older high school kids. They are making the rounds of my son's friends. I can only recommend them as good fun reads, but it would be great to include them as summer reading for juniors.

I always have a copy of Delaires (sp?) Mythology books in the room for my elementary kids to consult. Everyone looks at them.

June Covington

tree&leaf gallery
http://www.cafepress.com/treeandleaf