Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] faux batik, faux silk painting

From: MERRILEE GLADKOSKY (gladrag_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2007 - 08:08:31 PDT

I used Elmer's glue (not school glue) on well washed
sheets that came from a local nursing home (when they
wore out). Stretched the sheeting on an old frame and
drew with glue. Then, I used regular Prang
watercolors to do the painting. This was more like
silk resist. Colors held up and they were impressive

Also, great to see so many familiar names from the MET
Merrilee in CT

To unsubscribe go to