Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re:[teacherartexchange] on Paper Batiking

From: leah rachlis (leah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2007 - 20:33:34 PDT

I know this has been a while, but I have been out of town.

I am a bit of a batik buff - AND - I found and inexpensive, low-maintenance
alternative to Wax/Dye Batik, on paper, using Rubber Cement as a resist -
and liquid water colors instead of dyes - I've done this with 6th - 12th
graders, and the results were stunning.

I have also done wax batik with groups as young as 5th grade, and have many
nightmares to share - like the day the crock pot caught on
ire... -greetings from Colorado,

PS: had a 2nd job offer today - school starts the day after tomorrow!!!!!
tomorrow looks to be a very exciting day!

To unsubscribe go to