Sept. 3?!?!? I'd be happy too! *L* We go back the 13th, but I have 3 days of
workshops next week. I have spent 4 days at school getting my rooms ready,
and I still have a good 2 days to go. My plan is to have my rooms ready to
start teaching so that last work day we have I can spend it making copies &
getting the paperwork part of teaching ready to go (that and catching up on
all the summer gossip! *L*) Anyways, I like your list and I'm adding mine:
Things I am excited about for fall:
* spending an hour a day as the district technology integration specialist
* doing new photoshop & video editing projects with my students
* starting TAB in my intermediate classroom
* using computers with my intermediate students and having them start their
own electronic portfolios
* state art conference with lots of new ideas
* having my rooms (down to TWO this year - YEAH!!!) clean, organized, &
decorated - I haven't done that for over 7 years cause 4 classrooms were too
many to bother decorating
* meeting my new IDL students
* blogging & creating wiki's with my older students
> Things I am excited about for fall.
> Making large group grid enlargements of Nobel peace prize winners.
> Being part of the pinwheels for peace project for the third year.
> Making simple slump bowls using thin slabs dried over balloon taped to
> plastic bowls fired than used in the emptybowl.com project.
> Starting the advanced kids off with simple Chinese landscapes edged for
> display with strips of paste paper.
> Doing paper batik for the first time in 5 years cause my neighbor retired.
> ( He didn't like the smell of wax)
> Oh and we don't go back to school until Sept 3rd. Randy in Central Maine