Re: [teacherartexchange] online image searches - Getty images

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2006 - 06:34:29 PDT

Greetings Rebecca and all,

Are you referring to this?
http://creative.gettyimages.com/source/home/home.aspx

I just read the terms and they don't appear to be allowing Fair Use
for educational purposes. Look at the terms of use and see if what I
mean. From what I read, you need to get a license agreement to use
their images - even the royalty free images.

I already told Beth that many schools block Google images (and all
image sites) completely. I even tested safe search and naughty stuff
came up. I remember now what I searched - I entered panda. "Sick"
individuals are naming their images some common topics that kids would
search for.

I would write to the Getty Images contact address and find out what
their policy is for school use.

Judy Decker