Re: [teacherartexchange] online image searches

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2006 - 05:08:13 PDT

Our school filters a bunch, too, and bad stuff still comes through.
My lone AP Art History student was doing research on the Pyramids of
Egypt and needed an image for her paper, and got an eyefull -- how
that image got by the filters, I don't know.

Have you tried Getty Images? Membership is free and you can get a lot
of really neat images without much risk of finding bad stuff. (There
are some images that might be questionable, but they're artful and not
smutty -- much safer than Google.)

Becky