[teacherartexchange] Ice-cream cone coot

---------

From: leah from work (leah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2006 - 12:16:39 PDT

There is a list on the web site of different named birds and fish. I forget
who posted it, but last year after my mom died and I started the year with
minimal planning, one of the very kind people who sent me warm up ideas sent
me the list.

I was just digging through a box of donated books, and found a book called
THE ICE-CREAM CONE COOT, and Other Rare Birds. By Arnold Lobel
(ISBN:0-8193-0443-3) (copyright 1971)

It is wonderful - many many variations of well drawn birds with very wild
names: pencilkeet parrot, cupadee, shuttercluck, soupladle lark...

Maybe you knew about the book already - but if not I thought I would pass it
along.I try to use books to introduce my elementary art lessons whenever I
can - I hadn't used the birds (or fish) with primary grades - but I am so
thrilled to find this book