[teacherartexchange] music in the classroom

---------

From: Peri Raygor-Yanez (perigraphics_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2006 - 21:55:38 PDT

Music is often used for state changes in the classroom. For instance
to signal students to get up and move to a new location, to get into
collaborative groups, to read. I found it quite useful when doing
timed drawings. Students moved from table to table with a 30 second
blip of the Nutcracker Suite. Its also fun to have them discuss the
answer to a problem while the music is turned up so loudly they can't
hear each other and have to shout. I'm not saying the teacher next
door appreciates it, but I've only had one complaint.
Peri