[teacherartexchange] IAD Great Sites - need some feedback from you

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2006 - 06:09:04 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I do all of this on Incredible Art Department for YOU. This IS your site.
Getty folks have really built it up to what it is today. Very few of
the new lessons and files came from the other lists.

The original creator of IAD has now taken over many sections of the
site. He would like some feedback on Great Sites.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/site_of_week/greatsite.html

How many of you actually use it? Do you browse the archives at all?

If Great Sites were to go by the way side.... What would you like to
see in its place? What is missing on the site?

I know at one time, someone wanted to see books that are a "must have"
and video reviews. Is that still something you would like to see?
Lists of prints to buy....

Maybe call the new section Art Library?

Or how about a section on Curriculum - links to QUALITY curriculum
guides. I started a page two years ago... all I got on it was the
title.... I got so bored reading through bad curriculum guides - I was
bleary eyed..... Include links to assessment too?

Please send your replies to me OFF LIST and I will compile them for Ken.

Since all of you are the reason for the site's success, I feel you
should have some input. Reply to judy.decker@gmail.com (or my address
on the site).

Also, what are your feelings about all the additional lines of
advertising? He has turned this site into a site for profit. I
Insisted that he keep the additional ads off the lesson plans section
(as many of you requested NO ads on lessons), Art Rooms and Art News.
I preferred that the ads stay off Great Sites, but I lost that one.
No, I am not sharing in the profits. I still work for free.

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Resources