[teacherartexchange] Cermics meets technology

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2006 - 10:41:41 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Here is another fine site that Sergiolora recommended to me.... Great Stuff.
Merging technology with ceramics.

Yosoh
http://www.yosoh.com/

"My ceramic work, consists of computer generated images that are
printed with a ceramic glaze onto a large canvas of clay. Creating and
collecting images, I scan them into the computer and manipulate them
to fit the concept. The new image is output onto transparent film that
acts as a stencil for transferring the image to a silk-screen. Glaze
is then used (instead of ink) to print the image on to a slab of clay.
Once completely dry the slabs are fired in a kiln, producing an image
that will stand the test of time indoor or outdoor."

I have a couple more links to check and will send them on to you soon.
I prefer to send them to you in separate emails rather that one long
one.

Enjoy,

Judy Decker -Ohio
Incredible Art Resources