Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Cermics meets technology

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2006 - 10:41:41 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Here is another fine site that Sergiolora recommended to me.... Great Stuff.
Merging technology with ceramics.

"My ceramic work, consists of computer generated images that are
printed with a ceramic glaze onto a large canvas of clay. Creating and
collecting images, I scan them into the computer and manipulate them
to fit the concept. The new image is output onto transparent film that
acts as a stencil for transferring the image to a silk-screen. Glaze
is then used (instead of ink) to print the image on to a slab of clay.
Once completely dry the slabs are fired in a kiln, producing an image
that will stand the test of time indoor or outdoor."

I have a couple more links to check and will send them on to you soon.
I prefer to send them to you in separate emails rather that one long

Judy Decker -Ohio
Incredible Art Resources

To unsubscribe go to