RE: [teacherartexchange] Fw: Online Art Class

---------

From: KPRS2 (kprs2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 25 2006 - 15:27:17 PDT

Re: my conversation on online courses perhaps being substituted for actual
classes.

If I didn't work in a state whose property taxes were tied directly to
school costs, I might be more optimistic, but I can see my BOE saving money
by utilizing online classes and embracing the idea readily. I am definitely
NOT a ludite, and embrace all forms of technology as fast as I can (helped
to build our own color tv, and many computers, taught myself programming at
one point, and even was one of the first to go online, one of the first to
use the projector, digital camera in my area, etc, etc, etc). My observation
was purely economical. Many of us struggle with only one computer in our
rooms, and an administration that has to balance our quest for useful
technologies with those of their taxpayer base.

San D