Re: [teacherartexchange] Fw: Online Art Class

---------

From: Jeff Pridie (jeffpridie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 25 2006 - 06:09:36 PDT

Vickie,

Starting an online course for you students it a nobile
endeavor. You are looking at it at the right
perspective. Collect your resouces, get your model
devleoped, figure out your assessments and how you
will communicate back and forth with students. Also
consider how students will communicate with you for
assessments, projects and written materials. What
format will they use.

Over the last two years I have spent time working on
my Educational Techology Masters Degree. I have
chatted with many who have taken on the online
teaching experience and what they have told me is you
have to have a good format and plan before starting.

Take a look at other online "Art" related curriculum
and classes and see how they have laid out their plan.
 Questions you need to aske yourself is how much
interaction you want with the students, how much they
should interact with each other?

Jeff (Minnesota)