[teacherartexchange] Pamela Irving - Ceramics to inspire a lesson

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 25 2006 - 05:47:56 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I just "discovered" Pamela Irving today - ceramic artist from Australia:
http://www.pamelairving.com.au/

Her name was listed on Ceramics Today West Coast Funk - but link was
broken so I "googled" her.

You will LOVE her mosaic tiled sculptures and sculptural vessels. Kids
will adore her etchings.... I see many lessons in her work. Even
middle school kids could do carborundum prints inspired by her
etchings - using all safe media (see lesson plan on IAD).

Link has been added to my ceramics resource page.

Regards,

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department (IAD)
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/