[teacherartexchange] iPods and projection

---------

From: Melissa Enderle (melissa_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2006 - 11:53:40 PDT

Full-size iPods (not Nanos or Shuffles) have a hard drive inside
them. Per megabyte (or gigabyte), hard drive-based players are much
cheaper. Advantages of flash-based players such as the Nano and
Shuffle is that there are no moving parts and the devices can be made
much smaller. You can play a slide show on a Nano. As far as I know,
"PowerPoint files" are exported as photo stills or a QuickTime movie.
The 5th generation iPods can play movies. It sounds like you can
connect an iPod to an LCD projector using iPresent software and the
iPod AV cable and show a Keynote presentation. A flash drive is a
great, simple device if you have a laptop connected to the LCD
projector.

Melissa

You can also hook up a Pocket PC or PalmPilot to a LCD projector
using a Margi Presenter-to-Go product.