Re: [teacherartexchange] Contemporary Art

---------

From: Ken Schwab (bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2006 - 07:41:28 PDT

I try to expose my students to contemporary art with projects that include artists of today but i also take them (art club) to modern art museums. They seem to like art history if it is done with a purpose to their work or world. Explanations of why it was done is very important so that they can see the relationship between the work and if it has conveyed the artists intent. Small groups and docents who are not long winded and then allow them to explore.

Ken Schwab
San Jose, CA