Re: [teacherartexchange] Table Coverings

---------

From: Joe & Vickie Magee (jvmagee_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2006 - 06:47:42 PDT

Hi Amy,
We start back after Labor Day this year. Wisconsin has mandated that we can
not start before the 1st of September. Mostly due to tourism. This usually
means we get out the second week of June. I liked it when we started around
the 24th and were finished before June! My community is rural with many
farming families. Where most schools get a whole week for spring break we
only take Good Friday and the following Monday off, in contrast our school
district has Friday before Thanksgiving and the Wednesday, Thursday
(Thanksgiving), and Friday the week of Thanksgiving. This is because of our
state's Deer Rifle Season. Apparently this is more of a holiday for some.

I also color code my tables, but I do like the idea of really dressing up
the room to make it even more brighter! Rather than having assigned seats I
have elementary students select the corresponding number to their table as
they enter. Later I make adjustments where some students may not be
behaving with others.

Vickie - WI

Victoria L Magee
Art K-12