[teacherartexchange] Upcoming Fall Conference

---------

From: Kevan Nitzberg (knitzber_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2006 - 06:28:42 PDT

Art Educators of Minnesota is having our 2006 AEM Fall Conference on
November 10th and 11th. This year's theme is "Keep on Bookin' - Paging
Through the Arts". It is being held at the Earle Brown Heritage Center in
Brooklyn Center and at the Perpich Center for Arts Education in Golden
Valley (both suburban areas just outside of Minneapolis). As the title
suggests, there will be some concentration on making books as a focus for
this conference and the variety of media that can be used with this art
form. In addition, there will be breakout sessions to the Walker Art
Center, the Mpls. Institute of Art, the Kirland Book Collection at the the
University of Minnesota, the Russian Museum and the Minnesota Center for
Book Arts. Our 2 conference keynotes will be Dr. Mary Erickson from Arizona
State University, and Nancy Carlson, Mpls, artist and illustrator who was
responible for designing the poster for this year's Minnesota State Fair
(opening today). More information concerning the conference will be made
available on our web site at: www.aem-mn.org

Kevan