Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Pencil Woes... Bringing Supplies to Class

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2006 - 06:24:23 PDT

Hi Chantal and All,

I think many of us have dealt with pencil problems over the years. I
chose to have fun with it (See the Survival Kit on Incredible Art
Department - Pencils are needed to "count your blessings"). I made
students sign the naughty book (just a warning - no big deal) then
they had to tell me something they were thankful for in order to use
one of my pencils. Pencils are cheap. Save yourself a lot of problems
by providing them.

See how much fun Jeannie Sandoval had with her pencil problems:

I always provided erasers when needed as the pencil erasers often
would leave marks.

So glad to see your post came through Chantal -all the way from South
Korea. Welcome to the list.

Judy Decker

On 8/25/06, Chantal Pinnow wrote:

. What supplies do you require your students to have
> and how often do you check? Do you allow them to borrow from other students?
> Thanks for your input.
> Starting school- Students started here August 17. Last day with kids is June
> 8.
> Chantal - Seoul, South Korea

To unsubscribe go to