[teacherartexchange] Matching subject line to posts and making personal replies

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2006 - 06:13:23 PDT

Dear TeacherArtExchange Members,

I guess I am feeling "cranky" today (smile)......

We can all make managing mail better if we match subject line to the
post and if we send personal replies off list (those that only one
person needs to see). It is easy to find the email address of the
sender in all email programs (check From and Properties in some
programs... in Gmail it is more options).

I don't want to single out any particular threads, but there is one
topic I have been interested in and only the first post matched the
subject line.... the rest were all unrelated.

On personal replies:

If you don't want to make a personal off list reply - at least add the
senders name to the subject line so we all know who you are replying
to. Some of your replies are hard to follow - we don't know who you
are talking to. If you don't include a short snippit (just a line or
two from the original, your posts make no sense). I open all posts
.... but it is unrealistic for you to think all list members do. I
have to admit though, now that I am on so many lists, I don't always
read every post thoroughly - So if you want to make sure I read
something you wrote, either send it to me off list or include my name.

Note: I do open and read all posts with links suggestions, so there is
no need for you to send those to me separately, I appreciate it when
you post them to everyone. I am no longer maintaining the Art Stuff on
Incredible Art Department, so your links will not always get added.
Ken Rohrer has taken over the Art Stuff section. If you post some good
stuff I think should be included, I will be sure to forward the
message to him.

I am not trying to "control" the list..... I am only sending a
reminder to the posting Guidelines published by Getty.

Regards,

Judy Decker