RE:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: August 23, 2006

---------

From: Chantal Pinnow (cpinnow_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 25 2006 - 09:59:27 PDT

Hi everyone, I have enjoyed reading posts for the last several months but
have not been successful posting until now. I am trying from Outlook, so I
hope that will fix the problem. Here is my question. I am fortunate to teach
at a school with a very healthy art budget so I try to keep the supply list
short for the students to buy. I am surprised how many kids last year failed
to bring the basic pencil and eraser to class. Does anyone have a good
method for checking supplies throughout the year? What do you do when
someone shows up without their supplies? I feel showing up to art class
without a pencil and eraser is equivalent to showing up to another class
without your textbook. What supplies do you require your students to have
and how often do you check? Do you allow them to borrow from other students?
Thanks for your input.

Starting school- Students started here August 17. Last day with kids is June
8.
Chantal - Seoul, South Korea